13 hours 20 minutes

difficulty

daily requirement

100% Fat

100% Protein

100% Carbohydrates

translated by Italian with google translate

Black chickpea falafel with herbs

Herbal black chickpea falafels are a revisitation of the classic falafel, delicious, naturally gluten-free and vegan meatballs.

Black chickpea falafel with herbs step 1

step 1

Soak the chickpeas in a large bowl for at least 12 hours. I generally leave them all night, and then prepare falafels the next day.

Black chickpea falafel with herbs step 2

step 2

After this time, drain the chickpeas well and rinse them. Pour them into the mixing bowl and add the chopped onion and garlic, salt, spices, friggitelli and aromatic herbs.

Black chickpea falafel with herbs step 3

step 3

Blend all the ingredients with intermittence to obtain a compound with a sandy consistency.

Black chickpea falafel with herbs step 4

step 4

Transfer the falafel mixture into a large bowl, then add the chickpea flour and baking soda. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.

Black chickpea falafel with herbs step 5

step 5

Retrieve the dough and shape the balls more or less the same size. You can choose whether to create balls or flattened meatballs, but remember to be very delicate: the dough is still quite fragile.

Black chickpea falafel with herbs step 6

step 6

Arrange the falafels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lightly greased then sprinkle the surface with little other oil (I usually help myself with a brush).

Black chickpea falafel with herbs step 7

step 7

Bake the falafels in a static oven at 220 ° C for 15 minutes, then turn them over and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Serve them still warm.

Loading pic