1 teaspoon

Type 2 wheat flour

150 oz

Water

1 cup

starters from Chile

Potato and spinach croquettes stuffed with vegan cheese

vegetarian with gluten with lactose source of B vitamins high in iron high in calcium source of C vitamins high in potassium

ready in

1 hour

difficulty

daily requirement

100% Fat

100% Protein

100% Carbohydrates

translated by Spanish with google translate

These delicious croquettes are crisp and tender on the inside, and best of all is the cheese that melts when you eat them, giving an extra tasty flavor.

Potato and spinach croquettes stuffed with vegan cheese step 1

step 1

To begin, you must peel the potatoes in squares and then boil them and form a puree. Once ready, let cool for a few minutes and then leave the puree in the refrigerator for a few hours or until the next day.

Potato and spinach croquettes stuffed with vegan cheese step 2

step 2

Then, chop the onion, spinach and parsley in small pieces. Saute for a few minutes by adding the seasonings (cumin, oregano, salt and pepper) or until the vegetables look soft. Let cool.

Potato and spinach croquettes stuffed with vegan cheese step 3

step 3

Once the vegetables are cold, add this mixture to the puree just taken out of the refrigerator. Mix everything very well, trying to form a dough consist.

Potato and spinach croquettes stuffed with vegan cheese step 4

step 4

When ready, take a portion of the dough and place inside a piece of cheese, closing in elongated or in a circle (like a ball). The size, shape and quantity of the croquettes will depend on each one.

Potato and spinach croquettes stuffed with vegan cheese step 5

step 5

As for the cheese, I use vegan cheese brand violife, a variety for pizzas as it serves very well to melt. In addition I cut the cheese in small dice, since I made my croquetas like little balls.

Potato and spinach croquettes stuffed with vegan cheese step 6

step 6

When you have finished making the croquettes, continue with the mixture to batter the croquettes and then fry them.

Potato and spinach croquettes stuffed with vegan cheese step 7

step 7

For batter, you should mix the flour, turmeric, garlic powder and a pinch of salt. Mix all the dry ingredients very well and start adding the water a little until it forms a batter without lumps.

Potato and spinach croquettes stuffed with vegan cheese step 8

step 8

The batter should not be too thick or too liquid. Then, in a dish put the breadcrumbs, to begin to batter the croquettes. I use panko in my case, but if you do not have it, you can use breadcrumbs.

Potato and spinach croquettes stuffed with vegan cheese step 9

step 9

Begin by taking a croquette, pass through the batter and then the breadcrumbs until they are completely covered. And so he does the same procedure with all the croquettes.

Potato and spinach croquettes stuffed with vegan cheese step 10

step 10

Finally, once the croquettes are ready, you can fry them in hot oil until golden brown on both sides. Control the oil temperature to prevent the croquettes from burning.

Potato and spinach croquettes stuffed with vegan cheese step 11

step 11

A good option is to freeze the raw croquettes and when you need them, you can fry them directly without thawing. So you can enjoy these exquisite vegan croquettes whenever you want.

Loading pic