20 minutes

difficulty

daily requirement

100% Fat

100% Protein

100% Carbohydrates

translated by Italian with google translate

Pasta and beans baby version

Pasta and beans is a great classic of Italian cuisine, but in weaning it can present both a problem of consistency, a risk of suffocation and the difficulty in chewing peels, and a risk of malabsorption due to uncooked legumes. That's why I wanted to offer a more baby friendly version that is tasty and suitable for the whole family, ready in just 20 minutes thanks to the instantpot (pressure cooker). It can also be traditionally cooked.

Pasta and beans baby version step 1

step 1

To prepare the recipe I used the instantpot which is an electric pressure cooker, but you can also prepare it in the traditional way, doubling the cooking time.

Pasta and beans baby version step 2

step 2

Turn on the instantpot on sauté and set More, add oil, the cloves of garlic and carrot, chopped celery and onion. Fry.

Pasta and beans baby version step 3

step 3

Add the tomato sauce (better if it is fresh tomato sauce), the thyme, a couple of bay leaves, a pinch of salt and a jar of precooked borlotti beans (about 240gr), rinsed and passed to the vegetable mill.

Pasta and beans baby version step 4

step 4

Add a tablespoon of tomato paste (if the tomato sauce has a low taste) and two boiled, peeled and crushed potatoes with the schiaccuaowtat.

Pasta and beans baby version step 5

step 5

Add half a liter of water and close the instantpot. Set to Manual and then to 15 minutes (cook for 30 minutes if you use a pressure grandma pot).

Pasta and beans baby version step 6

step 6

Once cooked, blend everything with the immersion blender so as to mix everything and add the short pasta you prefer cooked separately. I used fusilli because they are easier to take with the hands of the children.

Pasta and beans baby version step 7

step 7

Enjoy your meal and let me know if you like this version!

Loading pic