3 hours

difficulty

daily requirement

100% Fat

100% Protein

100% Carbohydrates

translated by Italian with google translate

Chutney of tomato and red onions

The chutney is nothing more than a sweet and sour sauce and spicy at the same time and very spicy, typical of Indian cuisine. It is excellent when used as an accompaniment to meat or fish dishes seconds or with cheese or spread on toasted bread and crispy. It really super tasty.

Chutney of tomato and red onions step 1

step 1

Started to wash and peel the tomatoes and clean them from seeds, I used tomatoes san marzani but you can use any type of tomato

Chutney of tomato and red onions step 2

step 2

To facilitate stripping and place for a few minutes in boiling water, peel them and cut them into cubes.

Chutney of tomato and red onions step 3

step 3

The same process for the pepper, sbucciatelo and cut into cubes, clean the onions and slice into strips.

Chutney of tomato and red onions step 4

step 4

Put everything in a tall, large pot, add the vinegar, salt, sugar, cloves and chopped pepper, stir well, and cook for 30 minutes over low heat

Chutney of tomato and red onions step 5

step 5

Then raise the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour, until the mixture does not become a consistent and non-liquid sauce, such as a jam.

Chutney of tomato and red onions step 6

step 6

When cooked, pour the hot chutney in jars which have previously sterilized with the caps (I let boil the jars for about half an hour and the last few minutes add the caps).

Chutney of tomato and red onions step 7

step 7

Well close them, turn them upside down upside down, I excess of scruples once closed and cooled I made them boil in a pot that I filled with cold water

Chutney of tomato and red onions step 8

step 8

I left them to boil for about 30 minutes and then take them to cool in the pot still immersed nellacqua so as to be sure to go to create the vacuum.

Chutney of tomato and red onions step 9

step 9

Your tasty chutney is so ready and get jiggy with it to use it as a sauce for your dishes.

Loading pic